This winner of the 2010 NASAGA game design competition was developed by PGS. A Matter of Time is an intelligent game that triggers and uncovers (cooperative) behavior and skills in relation to time, team and project management. In this tool, participants gain experience in effective planning and collaboration and in anticipating and responding to unexpected events. In this tool, participants gain experience in effective planning and collaboration and in anticipating and responding to unexpected events. The game forms an interesting tool to provoke and promote reflection about routine activities that are often, in fact, of major importance.
A Matter of Time is a modern tool supporting learning and development processes of key competencies required for a better time and project management as well as for building cooperation within and between teams.
A Matter of Time features a company in a pill – it simulates its mechanisms, interrelations and challenges. The game represents the company in a state of raised temperature, i.e. in a situation when one must react quickly and efficiently because each moment may turn to be decisive. In this context it is essential to establish priorities, analyze and put in appropriate order tasks to be accomplished, pay attention to details and keep focused on the main assignment.
It is recommended in trainings and workshops on:
- Time management
- Team management
- Project management
- Improvement of team efficiency
- 3 × magnetic game board (schedule)
- instructions for sales, administration and technical department (4 pieces)
- magnetic card with planned tasks (35 pieces for each department)
- unexpected task cards (10 pieces for each department)
- complication cards (9 items)
- score table (2 pieces for each department)
- trainer’s manual
- CD with PowerPoint presentation